Sunday, August 28, 2011

Duke's Mission August 2011

Duke safely arrived in San Antonio, and was so happy to be there!  The very first thing, they were taken to the Alamo, and given a history lesson.  He then settled in to his apartment, and met his companion.  His Companion is Elder Hansen.  Small world moment...Duke had a best bud at SVU (Taylor Savio) and Elder Hansen and Savio were best friends!  Needless to say, they get along great.  Duke has found yummy donuts that put Krispie Kreme to shame, apparently...Red Rock Donuts?!?  It is hotter than hot, and he writes that there have been 67 STRAIGHT days of 100+ degree weather.  "17 straight days over 110 degrees, and 6 straight days over 115 degrees!  It hasn't rained in 5 months...I came at the right time :) HA!  All the grass is dead here but there's a lotta green trees."  


I asked him how people have been responding to he and his companion.  "Every once in a while some people are nice and awesome.  They want us to come back later and hear our message.  I just appreciate when they stop to talk even if only for a bit.  I just want to make people happier if they join our church or not.  If they are happy...good!"


He is working in McNiel which is in north Austin, which is the very north part of the San Antonio mission.  He also misses his family :)  "I love my pic of you guys.  you can send more.  I look at it before I leave and when I get back."



Studying at the MTC

His "Crew" at the MTC


"Cool night time pic"



Apartment...




"Our sweet wheels...we get to drive in this area."

Elder Hansen

Red Rock...ROCKS!!!


"Someone was frying an egg on their driveway when we were knockin' on doors!"

Studying...A LOT!


No comments:

Post a Comment