Wednesday, August 17, 2011

MTC Update Aug. 7th

Duke sent a few pictures, and letters.  Seems to be adjusting...well...as he puts it, "It's hard to believe y'all live only 30 minutes away cuz I feel like I'm in a whole different...abyss!  You cannot get caught up in here.  But after the first few days I have found the love that I came with and my "own" ways for practicing what I believe.  You know it's hard for me when people tell me what to do but I just smile and say, 'God Bless' :) My faith has grown.  My love for Christ has grown, but mostly my love for everyone has grown."  

He actually ran into quite a few friends from SVU, and was excited to see them.  They were all "The 3rd Floor Mansion Thugs"  Ha!  They called themselves that at SVU because they all lived on the 3rd floor of the original mansion on the school property.  You will see pictures of them, cute boys!  Duke sounds happy, he left this morning for San Antonio, and is so ready to get there and start!

Oh, he was also appointed a "District Leader" there at the MTC and enjoyed that very much.  "I am the district leader which means I preside over my group of dudes.  There are 5 of us going to Vegas, and 5 of us going to San Antonio."  Sounds just like Duke would put it...right!?!

"I have also learned that "Elder" means defender of the faith!  I hate being called Elder Babka, but the title is something that I love."  Really, you just have to ask Duke to defend ANYTHING and he jumps right on board!  He sounds so pumped to go find people who need to find Christ...and what a wonderful thing to do!


The "Thugs" get it???
(Third Floor)

Don't look like "Thugs" as much as cute missionaires!!!

His 1st companion "Elder Donovan Gregory III"
(Duke actually added the "third" part)

I think he's thinking of Hawaii????

His "Buddy Ky"


1 comment:

  1. Great updates and pics. Thanks for letting me know you posted. Your link on my site didn't update...don't know why. Hope you are feeling better (Kim) and that Duke will enjoy his first week in the foreign land of San Antonio. He will love the food!

    ReplyDelete